If you have survived the previous 3 phases of the HCG diet, you deserve a big applause not only for the amazing weight you must have lost but also your determination. This last phase of the diet is again simple to follow. The HCG drops or injections are done with, the dietary restrictions are all lifted and you feel the cool breeze of freedom yet once again 😉
The 4th phase is also called the Maintenance Phase. Here we aspire to maintain the weight that you’ve lost and commence with starch and sugar back into your diet. It sounds very tempting but don’t go binging just yet. Start by adding these in small quantities and pay attention to how your body reacts to them. Your body might need some time to process these so go slow. Remember not to abuse your new found freedom.
- To keep off the weight you’ve lost it is essential to keep the intake of food rich in carbohydrates and starch to a minimum.
- Drink lots of water, this will improve circulation, keep you hydrated and is also very good for your skin.
- Avoid junk food, especially the ones rich in starch and sugars.
- Make sure you have *some* sort of exercise program that gets you moving for an hour a day.
- Always eat breakfast, eat something for every meal, and finish your dinner three and one-half hours before you go to bed. Avoid eating a huge meal as this overtaxes the hypothalamus.
- Use organic raw apple cider vinegar as often as possible.
- Drink green tea, chamomile tea, they help in digestion.
- Switch to stevia instead of sugar. In case you have a craving for something sweet, opt for a fruit.
- Limit your intake of carbonated drinks. These have negative calories that are never good for your body.
- Say no to highly refined sugars. These include high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup and sucrose.
- Opt for organic food, it is healthier and easier on your body and rich in good minerals and vitamins.
- Go for wild water fish rather than farm raised variety.
- Select the whole foods, like oats and barley and brown rice.
Spiced Potato Cakes with Tomato Ginger Sauce
Ingredients: 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed, 3 medium onions, finely chopped, 1 cup of peas, 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 tbsp juice a lemon, 2 teaspoon garam masala or curry powder, 2 tablespoon canola oil, 2 teaspoons ground coriander, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, minced, 1 28-ounce can of diced peeled tomatoes, 1 inch cubes of fresh ginger.
- Boil and mash the potatoes. Add 2/3 of the onions, peas, cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the garam masala, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form small patties from the mixture and refrigerate.
- Saute the onions in 1 tbsp of oil and add the remaining spices and garlic, continue to cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is ready.
- Cook the potato cakes in the remaining oil over medium-high heat, until both sides are golden brown. Serve immediately with sauce on the side.
Ingredients: 8 Oz cream cheese, 6 Oz “real” crab meat, 1/2 cup chopped onions, 15 rice paper wraps (9″ round), Oil for frying
- Combine the softened cream cheese, crab meat and onion in a food processor and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- Soak the rice paper wraps in warm water for about 30 seconds to soften them. Once soft, cut them into four quarters.
- Place about a teaspoon of filling onto the center of each quarter. Roll them up like mini egg rolls. Let them sit for at least 2 minutes before frying.
- Fry the rolls in 375 degree (F) oil for about 2 minutes or until starting to brown. Serve immediately.
Grilled Garlic and Herb Shrimp
Ingredients: 1/2 tsp ground paprika, 1-1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend, 1-1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tblsp olive oil, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves, 1-1/2 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Whisk the paprika, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, and brown sugar together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in the shrimp, and toss to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning once.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, drain excess, and discard marinade.
- Place shrimp on preheated grill and cook, turning once, until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Skinny Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake Squares
Ingredients: For the crust: 1 cup pre-soaked pitted dates, 2 cups raw pecans, 1 tsp cinnamon. For the cheesecake: 1/2 cup non-fat cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp honey, 3 packets of stevia, 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Blend all the filling ingredients except cinnamon.
- Grind all the ingredients for the crust till it’s evenly ground.
- Grease a baking dish and press the crust mixture to form a thin even layer.
- Top that with the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Freeze it overnight and serve chilled.
Ingredients: 1/4 cup butter, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1-2 tsp maple extract, 1 egg, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 3/4 cup flaxseed meal, 1 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup gluten free baking mix, 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Beat the egg, sugar, butter, coconut oil, and maple extract till consistent.
- Mix flaxseed meal, almond flour, gluten free flour blend, baking powder.
- Combine all the ingredients and put spoon sized cookie dough balls on cookie sheet and flatten with fingers.